- Supports plasma generators, MRI systems, CO2 lasers and particle accelerators
- Other uses are broadcast transmitters, HF communications and radar systems
Ampleon’s ART2K0PE is a high-power LDMOS transistor that provides 2000 W of pulsed RF energy for ISM applications in the HF to 400 MHz band. Offering 28.5 dB of gain and drain efficiency of 73 per cent, this transistor supports plasma generators, MRI systems, CO2 lasers and particle accelerators. Other uses are found in radio and VHF TV broadcast transmitters as well as HF communications and Radar systems in the Aerospace industry.
High breakdown voltage enables class E operation up to 50 volts VDS. The ART2K0PE is qualified up to a maximum VDS of 65 V. The device power range is characterised from 30 to 65 volts. Integrated dual-sided ESD protection enables class C operation and complete switch-off of the transistor. It is capable of withstanding load mismatches corresponding to a VSWR of 65:1.
- Easy power control
- Excellent ruggedness with no device degradation
- High efficiency
- Excellent thermal stability
- Designed for broadband operation