An enhanced design environment that includes a host of interactive features for board circuit routing, simulation and documentation
The software provides the perfect platform for the design and realisation of Printed Circuit Boards with major upgrades to the unified design environment, user experience and PCB design functionalities.
Users can look forward to designing boards, from simple to complex; single PCB to multi layered board; low frequency to high-speed and from logical design all the way to physical board and bill of materials.
They can efficiently create schematics and PCB layouts, run circuit simulations, select electronics components, source them from various manufacturers and later, document their designs for board manufacturing.
The latest release includes
- Best in class interactive routing – new “push & shove’’ capabilities enable routing of complex HDI boards with design speed increased by over 20 per cent, even for simple PCB designs.
- High-speed PCB routing capabilities – high density and high-speed boards can be efficiently designed using modern SerDes like PCIe 4.0/5.0, USB3.2, 100G Ethernet and parallel buses like DDR3/4/5.
- Industry-leading multi-board design – the latest release leverages ActiveBOMTM capabilities, including supplier search, BOM rule checking and live part choices, for multi-board assemblies. Users can also export 3D PDF files of the multi-board assembly allowing collaborators to view and manipulate 3D assemblies.
- New high-voltage design capabilities – AD20 helps in maintaining high-voltage clearances across the PCB surfaces for prevention of electrical arcing hazards for power supply and mixed-signal device designs, required for application such as spacecraft, high-altitude aircraft and high-tech lasers.
- Enhanced user experience – user productivity is dramatically improved with new dynamic compilation capability, providing quick access to data across schematic, layout, BOM generation, design documentation and other elements of Altium Designer’s unified design environment.
“Altium Designer 20 is a game-changer for PCB design,” said Sergey Kostinsky, CTO of Altium. “This release includes user-driven improvements and advanced capabilities that leapfrog the competition.”
Altium Designer 20 will be available by the end of 2019.
Read here for more about Altium Designer PCB software