Advanced GaN technology yields significant increase in power and efficiency
Power Integrations, the leader in high-voltage integrated circuits for energy-efficient power conversion, has announced new members of its InnoSwitch™3 families of offline CV/CC flyback switcher ICs. The new ICs feature up to 95 percent efficiency across the full load range and up to 100 W in enclosed adapter implementations without requiring a heatsink. This groundbreaking increase in performance is achieved using an internally developed high-voltage GaN switch technology.
Quasi-resonant InnoSwitch3-CP, InnoSwitch3-EP and InnoSwitch3-Pro ICs combine primary, secondary and feedback circuits in a single surface-mounted package. In the newly released family members, GaN switches replace the traditional silicon high-voltage transistors on the primary side of the IC, reducing conduction losses when current is flowing. This results in substantially less wasted energy.
The InnoSwitch3-CP and ‑EP variants are hardware-configurable, while the InnoSwitch3-Pro incorporates a sophisticated digital interface for software control of CV and CC setpoints, exception handing and safety-mode options.
- Accurate CV/CC/CP independent of external components
- Easy interface to fast-charging protocol ICs
- Considerably reduced switching losses
- Increased efficiency and power delivery
- Flyback designs, such as USB-PD
- High-current chargers/adapters for mobile devices, set-top boxes, displays, appliances, networking and gaming products
Power Integrations’ new InnoSwitch3 ICs are available now in InSOP-24D package.
Visit below for further information