The new product meets the needs of manufacturers for making ongoing additions to the existing series and contribute to a more comfortable experience for vehicle users
Alps Alpine Co., a manufacturer of high-quality electronic products, has added a model with 0.9mm travel to its SKSU Series compact, middle-stroke TACT Switch™ lineup. The SKSUBCE010 realizes push clarity along with quiet operation and a distinct click, suitable for automotive use.
While retaining the quiet sound and distinct click feel made possible by combining rubber and metal for an original contact structure, the new model delivers a clearer push sensation, both enhancing the clarity of operation and satisfying demand for a premium operating feel.
The SKSUBCE010 also incorporates a pre-stroke design – a feature of existing automotive TACT Switch™ products – helping to prevent the occurence of rattling noise while integrated into the end product. Because the SKSU Series has mounting compatibility with the existing SKTQ Series, customers using an existing product can choose the best operating feel for their vehicle brand without having to modify the board design.
- Compact, 0.9mm middle stroke for a clear push feel, quiet operation and distinct click.
- Pre-stroke design helps prevent rattling.
- Existing SKTQ Series products can be replaced without modifying board design.
- IP67-equivalent dust and water resistance.
- Operating force: 3N
- Operating life: 250,000 cycles
- Rating (max): 16V DC 50mA
- Steering wheel switches
- Center console panels (e.g. HVAC)
- Car audio, navigation and other systems
See here for additional information