New range of graphics cards and processors with superior features that provide a far better user experience for gamers and content creators
AMD has announced the global availability of its new leadership PC gaming platform based on AMD Radeon RX 5700 series graphics cards and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen Desktop Processors, as well as AMD Ryzen 3000 Series Processors with Radeon™ Graphics (APUs). Together, these offerings take gaming performance, immersive experiences, and visual fidelity to new heights.
Built on the ground-breaking all-new AMD RDNA gaming architecture and 7nm process technology, the AMD Radeon RX 5700 delivers superior visual fidelity, lightning-fast performance and advanced features to power the latest AAA and eSports titles in 1440p gaming.
With up to 12 cores and 24 threads now available, 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen Desktop Processors are another powerful demonstration of the technology leadership of AMD, delivering the first high-performance 7nm processors. Building on the legacy of high-performance “Zen” architectures, the “Zen 2” microarchitecture incorporates enhancements that deliver a significant IPC uplift of an estimated 15 percent for faster gaming and content creation.
AMD Radeon RX 5700 Series Graphics Cards: Amazing Value and Performance for 1440p Gaming
AMD Radeon RX 5700 Series graphics cards harness the RDNA gaming architecture, which was built from the ground up for superior performance, scalability and power efficiency, and designed to power the future of PC, console, mobile and cloud-based gaming.
The new RDNA architecture supports high-speed GDDR6 memory, provides PCIe 4.0 support, and provides up to 1.25X higher performance-per-clock and up to 1.5X higher performance-per-watt over AMD’s previous Graphic Core Next (GCN) architecture, enabling hyper-realistic, ultra-responsive and high-framerate gaming experiences.
The newest Radeon graphics cards offer powerful new features such as:
- Radeon Image Sharpening (RIS) – Brings crispness and clarity to in-game visuals that have been softened by other post-process effects in DirectX® 9, 12, and Vulkan® titles. When paired with Radeon GPU upscaling, RIS enables sharp visuals and fluid frame rates on very high-resolution displays.
- FidelityFX – Offers an open-source toolkit for game developers with high-quality post-process effects to help make games look beautiful while offering an optimal balance of visual fidelity and performance. Available on GPUOpen, FidelityFX features Contrast-Adaptive Sharpening (CAS), which draws out detail in low-contrast areas while minimizing artifacts caused by typical image sharpening routines.
- Radeon Anti-Lag – Optimized for eSports, improves competitiveness by decreasing input-to-display response times by up to 31 percent.
3rd Gen AMD Ryzen Desktop Processors: Unparalleled Platform and Leadership Performance
Built on power-efficient 7nm-based processors, the new 3rd Gen Ryzen Desktop Processors enable ultimate performance, power efficiency, and core counts across single-thread and multi-thread workloads, offering:
- Elite gaming performance – With higher clock speeds,and larger L3 cache than the previous generation, the 3rd Gen Ryzen Desktop Processors enable more powerful and smoother gaming experiences across 1080p and 1440p resolutions.
- Winning content creation performance – For content creators, 3rd Gen Ryzen Desktop Processors enable a commanding performance advantage over the competition in rendering, encoding, color grading, and more.
- Cooler and quieter PC experience – 3rd Gen Ryzen Desktop Processors offer supreme performance with highly energy efficient operation, enabling up to 58 percent better performance-per-watt on Ryzen 9 Processors and up to 30 percent better performance-per-watt on Ryzen 7 Processors, all while running in a highly efficient, low-power envelope.
- Overclocking made simple – Like all AMD Ryzen Processors, 3rd Gen Ryzen Desktop Processors are fully multiplier and voltage unlocked. New Precision Boost Overdrive with Automatic Overclocking can deliver even higher performance on 3000 Series Ryzen 5, 7, and 9 processors by communicating with the user’s motherboard and increasing the maximum clock frequency by up to 200MHz at the touch of a button. A new and improved AMD Ryzen Master Software utility is also available, including a redesigned user interface and many new features, offering users an easy way to squeeze every drop of performance from their AMD Ryzen Desktop Processor.
Additionally, with the release of the 3rd Gen Ryzen Desktop Processors, AMD designed and unveiled the new X570 chipset for AMD Socket AM4, enabling the world’s first platform with PCIe® 4.0 support for consumers. Unique support for PCIe® 4.0 paves the way for new classes of high-performance graphics cards, networking devices, NVMe drives, and more.
AMD Ryzen 3000 Series Processors with Radeon Graphics
AMD also announced availability of the Ryzen 3000 Series Desktop Processors with Radeon Graphics, armed with higher CPU and graphics clock speeds than its prior generation of processors, plus new driver features like Radeon Anti-Lag.
- Learn more about the new AMD Radeon™ RX 5700 Series graphics cards
- Learn more about the new 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ Desktop Processors and Ryzen™ 3000 series processors with Radeon™ Graphics