The LIS2DTW12 is embedded with self-test capability that allows the user to check the functioning of the sensor in the final application
The device has user-selectable full scales of ±2g/±4g/±8g/±16g and is capable of measuring accelerations with output data rates from 1.6 Hz to 1600 Hz.
The LIS2DTW12 has an embedded 0.8 °C (typ. accuracy) temperature sensor with ODRs ranging from 50 to 1.6 Hz and resolution from 8 to 12 bits.
The LIS2DTW12 has an integrated 32-level first-in, first-out (FIFO) buffer allowing the user to store data in order to limit intervention by the host processor.
The embedded self-test capability allows the user to check the functioning of the sensor in the final application.
The device has a dedicated internal engine to process motion and acceleration detection including free-fall, wakeup, highly configurable single/double-tap recognition, activity/inactivity, stationary/motion detection, portrait/landscape detection and 6D/4D orientation.
The LIS2DTW12 is available in a small thin plastic land grid array package (LGA) and it is guaranteed to operate over an extended temperature range from -40 °C to +85 °C.
• Fragile shipment tracking
• Motion and temperature monitoring in battery-powered devices
• Gesture recognition and gaming
• Motion-activated functions and user interfaces
• Display orientation
• Tap/double-tap recognition
• Free-fall detection
• Smart power saving for handheld devices
• Hearing aids
• Portable healthcare devices
• Wireless sensor nodes
• Motion-enabled metering devices
• Ultra-low power consumption: 50 nA in power-down mode, below 1 µA in active
• Very low noise: down to 1.3 mg RMS in low-power mode
• 0.8 °C (typ. accuracy) embedded temperature sensor
• Multiple operating modes with multiple bandwidths
• Android stationary detection, motion detection
• Supply voltage, 1.62 V to 3.6 V
• Independent IO supply
• ±2g/±4g/±8g/±16g full scale
• High-speed I²C/SPI digital output interface
• Single data conversion on demand
• 16-bit accelerometer data output
• 12-bit temperature data output
• 32-level FIFO
• 10000 g high shock survivability