Designers can leverage these innovative chips to shrink BOM, improve network performance and increase immunity to vibration and shock
The first two devices developed with TI BAW technology, the SimpleLink™ CC2652RB wireless microcontroller (MCU) and the LMK05318 network synchronizer clock will help system designers streamline design logistics for faster time to market, while enabling stable, simplified and high-performance data delivery, which in return, allows for potential overall development and system cost savings.
Communications and industrial automation systems with discrete clocking and quartz-crystal devices can be costly, time-consuming and complicated to develop and are often susceptible to environmental stress. The new devices with TI BAW resonator technology integrate reference clocking resonators to provide the highest frequency in a small form factor.
Key features of CC2652RB
- BAW resonator is integrated within the quad flat no-lead (QFN) package, eliminating the need for an external high-speed 48-MHz crystal.
- Low power multi-standard device supporting Zigbee, Thread, Bluetooth low energy and proprietary 2.4-GHz connectivity solutions on a single chip.
- Works in -40°C to 85°C temperature range
Key features of LMK05318
- Helps systems transmit more data faster while also providing higher margin for system jitter. With ultra-low jitter and the industry’s best hitless switching performance, the LMK05318 delivers the lowest bit errors for 56-Gbps and emerging 112-Gbps pulse-amplitude modulation-4 links – enabling better network performance.
- Intuitive design: With no in-system programming required, simplified power-supply requirements and a reduced bill-of-materials (BOM) for ancillary components, the LMK05318 streamlines the printed-circuit-board design phase while offering increased clocking performance.
Preproduction samples of the CC2652RB are now available through the TI store in a 7-mm-by-7-mm very thin QFN (VQFN) package. Pricing starts at US$3.55 in 1,000-unit quantities.
The LMK05318 is now available in production quantities through the TI store and authorized distributors in a 48-pin, 7-mm-by-7-mm VQFN package. Pricing starts at US$11.44 in 1,000-unit quantities.