PHYTEC’s new phyCORE-AM65x SOM based on Texas Instruments 64-bit AM65x Sitara Processors is ideal for industrial communication systems, factory automation, edge computing, grid infrastructure and applications where high reliability is needed.
PHYTEC has launched the phyCORE-AM65x System on Module (SOM) and phyCORE-AM65x Rapid Development Kit based on the Texas Instruments (TI) Sitara AM65x processors. According to the announcement, the new phyCORE-AM65x System on Module (SOM) is equipped with secure boot, multiprotocol gigabit industrial communication, graphics, functional safety features and time-sensitive-networking (TSN).
The company said the SOM offers next-generation technology for industry 4.0 embedded systems: speech recognition and gesture control, connectivity, image processing, machine learning, superior graphics performance as well as sophisticated security features.
The phyCORE-AM65x Rapid Development Kit is designed to help customers get started on integrating PHYTEC hardware and software with customer software and product designs.
The Sitara AM65x processor is TI’s 64-bit Arm chip ideal for modern factory networks that need real-time processing and deterministic communications. The chip features quad Arm Cortex-A53 cores to run your application, the 6 Industrial PRU interfaces for time-sensitive communication protocols and the isolated dual Cortex-R5F cores for functional safety support, according to the announcement.
Highlights of the phyCORE-AM65x SOM include
- Sitara AM65x processor
- Quad Arm Cortex-A53 CPUs and dual-core Arm Cortex-R5F MCU subsystem
- 3D Graphics support via PowerVR SGX544 Core
- Up to 6 Gigabit Industrial Communication interfaces (PRU-ICSSG)
- Single Lane PCIe 3.0
- OctoSPI Bus Support
- USB 3.0 Dual Role
- USB 2.0 Dual Role
- CSI Camera Support
- LVDS Display Support
- MIPI DPI Display Support
- DDR4 with support for discrete DDR4 ECC
- Up to 32GB eMMC
- Optional 2.4 or 5GHz Certified WiFi Solution
- 1x 10/100/1000 Mbit/s Ethernet PHY on SOM
- SOM dimensions 55 x 65 mm
- Linux, Android, and TI-RTOS BSP
Highlights of the phyCORE-AM65x Rapid Development Kit include
- phyCORE-AM65x SOM with 2.4GHz WiFi Option
- DB-9 CAN Connector
- SD Card Slot
- MikroBus Header
- 1x 10/100/1000 Mbit RJ-45 Ethernet
- 2x 10/100/1000 Mbit RJ-45 PRU
- 1x USB – Console
- 1x USB 3.0 A
- 1x USB 2.0 Micro AB
- 1x CSI with support for PHYTEC PEB-CAM-01 Module
- 1x LVDS + Touch Expansion Connector
- 1x Cloud Security Module
- 1x OctoSPI Module
- 1x Single-Lane PCIe Slot
Early access program sampling for the phyCORE-AM65x in Q1 2019.
Click here for further information.