A new high-power 638nm Red Laser Diode will lead to enhanced projector luminance and miniaturization.
Mitsubishi Electric plans to launch a new 638nm red laser diode that outputs 3.0W pulse-light for projectors on April 1, 2019. The ML562G86 pulse laser diode’s high output power and wide operating temperature range will contribute to enhanced projector luminance and miniaturization, according to the company.
The company noted that the ML562G86’s unprecedented output power of 3.0W under pulse operation is 20% greater than the 2.5W of the existing model ML562G84. It’s mean time to failure (MTTF) of over 20,000 hours was achieved due to improvements in chip structure and manufacturing processes.
New High-power red-laser diode features
- A pulse-light output power of 3.0W and extended MTTF of over 20,000 hours
- The output power of 3.0W
- MTTF of over 20,000 hours
- High output power and high-luminosity 638nm laser light achieve 145 lumens per laser diode (LD)
2) Wide operating temperature range will lead to projector miniaturization and cost reduction
- Wide operating temperature range of 0 to 45 degrees Celsius at 3.0W pulse operation thanks to a large 9.0mm-diameter transistor-outline can (TO-CAN) package with excellent heat dissipation
- 2.1W pulse-light output power at case temperature of 55 degrees Celsius
- Wide operating temperature range allows simplified cooling structure, contributing to projector miniaturization and reduced cost of cooling units
Sample sales will begin on January 11, 2019.
For more information, click here.