TT’s new SX-4462 fourth-generation Magnetorque steering sensor delivers high accuracy and reliability, with versatile customisation options
The SX-4462 is a cost-effective sensor offering high-accuracy and diagnostic capabilities in EPS applications including off-road vehicles (ORVs), all-terrain vehicles (ATVs), utility terrain vehicles (UTVs), three-wheelers, light commercial trucks, tractors and other industrial vehicles used in location such as quarries, factories, farms or construction sites.
This light weight fourth-generation Magnetorque (MT4) sensor can be easily integrated to provide development support. It allows secure and tactile steering control, unaffected by vibration, contamination or wear factors that impair ordinary contacting sensors.
SX-4462 features benefiting EPS applications:
- Provides greater flexibility with the customisation options such as full-scale range and sensitivity, wire length, product marking and connector type.
- Voltage supply range of 4.5V-5.5V simplifies connection to a convenient power source.
- Always low-power consumption because only 20mA maximum current is allowed.
- Weighing just 82 grams, this lightweight sensor aids vehicle economy and dynamics.
- Especially designed for high linearity near the zero-degree position, and torque angle of ±5°, the sensor performs multi-turn measurement over ±2.5 turns with typical sensitivity of up to 0.4 V/°.
TT Electronics is a global provider of engineered electronics for performance critical applications. The company designs and manufactures a wide range of electronic components, power management, manufacturing and IoT connectivity solutions for applications in the aerospace and defence, medical, industrial and transportation sectors.