New card edge power connectors by TE Connectivity, delivers high current density with unique dual-layer contact design, ideal for mass storage applications
TE Connectivity (TE) released new high density plus (HD+) card edge power connectors. Capable of supporting power supplies up to 3kW, these connectors are designed to enable systems with increasing power requirements in next-generation data centres. Ideal applications include server, switch and mass storage system applications.
As claimed by the company these connectors provides the highest current density of any card edge power connectors available in the market today.
- Deliver exceptional current density at 15A/2.54mm.
- Support 2000-3000W power supplies for data center equipment.
- Connectors have a 1.27mm signal contact pitch and a 5.08mm power contact pitch with a working voltage of 60V DC.
- Offer very low contact resistance due to a unique dual-layer design of DC power contacts and pass-through pins, which provide multiple mating/contact points to the PCB.
- Designed in the common industry PCB footprint, these connectors leverage a compact, cost-effective design with a common power and signal contact module.
Using these connectors, designers get a flexible configuration with different contact quantities and can achieve better scalability, as the connectors support both AC and DC in low-power and high-power applications.
“As designers seek to address the need for more power in their data center equipment designs, they need a connector that offers maximum performance and density, and high reliability,” said Bandy Yuan, product manager at TE Connectivity. “TE’s new HD+ card edge power connectors not only support the highest current density among all card edge connectors in the market, but they can offer strong dependability through our dual-layer contact design.”
To learn more about TE’s HD+ card edge power connectors, click here.
TE Connectivity Ltd. is a global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Company provide connectivity and sensor solutions for the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home.