Littlefuse launched automotive transient voltage suppression (TVS) diodes offering single-component protection solution for sensitive circuitry
Littelfuse, Inc., expanded its TPSMB Series of Automotive Transient Voltage Suppression (TVS) Diodes. The latest addition in the diode series protect sensitive automotive circuitry from a higher level of voltage transients induced by lightning and other transient voltage events.
The AEC-Q101 Qualified TVS Diode series breakdown voltage range is 7.5V to 550V for unidirectional and 10V to 650V for bidirectional devices. These diodes provide 600W of peak pulse power dissipation in a standard DO-214AA SMB package, one of the most popular form factors for automotive applications. By making it unnecessary to use multiple TVS Diodes in series to provide adequate protection, the expanded TPSMB Series simplifies printed circuit board design and enhances reliability.
Benefits of TPSMB Series Automotive TVS Diodes:
- AEC-Q101 qualified Automotive-grade products are well-suited for high reliability applications
- The series’ 600W peak pulse power dissipation rating is a popular choice for automotive applications.
- The compact surface-mount package (DO-214AA SMB) allows for efficient use of board space.
- The 7.5V to 650V breakdown voltage range addresses a wide range of automotive design requirements, as well as the protection needs of IGBT active clamping and Xenon head lamp ignitors.
Applications for the expanded line of TPSMB Series TVS Diodes include:
- IGBT active clamping in HVAC systems
- Convertor/invertor systems for electric vehicles
- Series battery protection in automotive Battery Management Systems (BMS)
- Xenon headlamp ignitors (for bidirectional parts)
- Electronic Control Units (ECUs)
- Automotive sensors
- BCMs/LIN Bus/CAN Bus
- On-board entertainment systems
- Entertainment Industry
- Portable devices that require high reliability
“The high voltage additions to the TPSMB Series of Automotive TVS Diodes offer circuit designers a single-component alternative to using multiple TVS Diodes in series to provide higher levels of transient voltage protection,” said Charlie Cai, Global Product Manager, Electronics Business Unit at Littelfuse. “Not only does this simplify the design of the printed circuit board but it enhances the reliability of the design.”
TPSMB Series Automotive TVS Diodes are available in DO-214AA SMB packages in tape and reel format in quantities of 3,000. Sample requests can be placed through authorized Littelfuse distributors worldwide.
Littelfuse is a global manufacturer of leading technologies in circuit protection, power control and sensing. There products are found in automotive and commercial vehicles, industrial applications, data and telecommunications, medical devices, consumer electronics and appliances.
For more information about the product click here.