Inductors save space and offer high-temperature operation for computer, industrial, and telecom applications.
The trend towards miniaturization, performance, and energy efficiency has created new requirements for electronic components, including inductors. In line with this trend, Vishay has unveiled the first device in its new IHSR series of high-temperature commercial inductors in the 10mm x 10mm 4040 case size. It is designed for multi-phase, high current power supplies and filters in computer, industrial, and telecom applications.
The key benefits of the new inductor is its low typical DCR of 0.520 mΩ and inductance of 0.130 µH to allow for higher current density than competing technologies. Plus, its 4 mm profile enables slimmer end products.
This translates to a 50 % reduction in DCR over typical power inductors and a 20 % or greater profile reduction over similar ferrite products, says Vishay.
In addition, the inductor boasts an unprecedented standard DCR tolerance of 5 %, with 3 % available for more accurate current sensing.
With a frequency range up to 5 MHz, the device is optimized for energy storage in DC/DC converters and high current filtering up to the self-resonant frequency (SRF) of the inductor.
Summary of specifications:
- Low typical DCR of 0.520mΩ
- Standard DCR tolerance of 5%, with 3% available
- Inductance of 0.130μH
- Low 4mm profile
- Frequency range up to 5MHz
- High-temperature operation to +155°C
- Rated current to 92A
- Available in the 10mm by 10mm 4040 case size
- Handle high transient current spikes without saturation
- RoHS-compliant, halogen-free, and Vishay Green
- Notebook / desktop / server applications
- High current POL converters
- Low profile, high current power supplies
Samples and production quantities of the new inductor are available now, with lead times of 12 weeks for large orders.