Low-cost 460 MHz Transmit/receive front-end module for internet of things (IoT)
Today’s IoT designers increasingly need highly-integrated front-end modules that meet emerging demands such as cost and space savings, low power consumption and quick time to market. Skyworks has recently launched the SKY66119-11, a high-performance, transmit/receive (T/R) front-end module (FEM) for applications such as automated meter reading, advanced metering infrastructure, ISM systems and range extender.
The device is mounted in a 28-pin, 6 x 6 mm Multi-Chip Module (MCM) surface-mount technology (SMT) package, which allows for a highly manufacturable low-cost solution, the company said.
460 MHz Transmit/receive front-end module for IoT
- Complete T/R chain with T/R switches.
- Transmit chain features +30.5 dBm output.
- Receive chain features a low-noise amplifier (LNA) with a 1.3 dB noise figure (NF) and 15.5 dB gain.
- The cascaded NF and gain, taking into account the 0.4 dB insertion loss transmit/receive antenna switch, are 1.7 dB and 15 dB, respectively.
- The module also has a shut-down mode, PA bypass mode, and LNA bypass mode to minimize power consumption.
- Automated meter reading
- Advanced metering infrastructure
- ISM systems
- Range extender
The SKY66119-11 FEM has been designed into reference designs with products from Silicon Labs and Texas Instruments.