High-contrast LCD display for vertical installation
ELECTRONIC ASSEMBLY has designed the EA DOGL128, a 128×64-pixel graphics display, adding to its EA DOGL
series. Designed for compact, handheld devices, this modern LCD series offers a number of benefits with and without
- The display offers maximum contrast not only when viewed perpendicularly, but also at an oblique angle from above, right or left. As a result, this display is predestined for installation in vertical front panels. Due to its design, LC-displays usually only provides high contrast and sharpness when viewed vertically. However, if you look obliquely or even sideways at the panel, its image is pale or in extreme cases completely inverted, similar to a photo negative. It can be easily installed in portrait mode, such as in the front of laboratory power supplies or in a slim handheld device.
- Despite its small dimensions of 51 x 68mm, it displays its 64 x 128 pixels on a generous viewing window of 36 x 64mm.
- Super-flat: 2.8 mm without backlight module, and only 6.5 mm with a backlight module mounted
- The contrast is adjusted once by command and remains stable over the entire operating temperature range between -20 to 70°C thanks to the integrated temperature compensation.
- Wide range of design variants orderable as single units, backlighting color changes possible
- Designed for mains-independent operation, the DOGL128, including its backlight, is satisfied with 3.3V supply voltage in single supply operation.
- Its typical unilluminated current consumption amounts to 320µA in full operation, together with the white illumination it draws about 5mA.
- The display is interfaced via a serial four-wire SPI. Since communication is unidirectional, no busy queries are necessary, as is common practice.
- Installation is extremely simple: With its 20 pins (grid dimension: 1/10”), it can be soldered directly into the board or plugged into socket strips. This simplifies the construction of a prototype as well as the subsequent construction in series production.
The DOGL128 is available in both FSTN and STN technology in five different background colours (white, black, blue, yellow-green, transmissive and yellow-green reflective). The panel variants can be combined with LED lighting in seven different colours, including full-colour RGB and white as the most effective and brightest light source.
Electronic Assembly offers a free download of the simulation software at http://www.lcd-module.de/deu/disk/startdog_V33.zip. On a Windows PC, all display types including the various illuminations can be tested virtually with individual texts and images. Further slim displays are available starting with a width of 41mm.
Click here for more information.