AEC-Q101 qualified light emitting diodes (LEDs) feature luminous intensity to 1400 mcd and are offered in compact PLCC-2 and MiniLED Packages
Recent improvements to LED technology have led to notable innovation in the automotive lighting industry. Various benefits of LEDs that have increased their adoption include small size, long lifetime, robustness and high efficiency.
In line with this trend, Vishay has launched two new series of surface-mount automotive grade power LEDs in PLCC-2 and ultra-compact MiniLED packages.
The small 2.3 mm x 1.3 mm x 1.4 mm size of the VLMx235xx’s MiniLED package and VLMx335xx’s high luminous intensity to 1400 mcd make them ideal for automotive interior and exterior lighting; traffic signals and signs; and indicators and backlighting for audio and video equipment, LCD switches, and symbols for general use.
The LEDs utilize the latest advanced AllnGaP technology in what is said to be the smallest chip size available.
The products claim high brightness and maximum drive current up to 50 mA for automotive, industrial, and consumer applications.
Key features of the new Auto LEDs:
- The AEC-Q101 qualified LEDs combine low thermal resistance down to 400 K/W with power dissipation of 130 mW, which in turn enables their high drive current.
- Offered in super red, red, amber, soft orange, and yellow.
- ± 60° angle of half-intensity
- Forward voltage down to 1.8 V
- Luminous intensity ratio per packing unit of ≤ 1.6, and they are categorized, per packing unit, for luminous intensity and color.
- RoHS-compliant, halogen-free, and Vishay Green, the LEDs are available in 8 mm tape
- ESD-withstand voltage up to 2 kV in accordance with JESD22-A114-B, and compatible with preconditioning according to JEDEC Level 2a.
Pricing & availability: