1.27 mm pitch connectors fulfill industry’s need for miniaturization and weight-saving in the most extreme environments
Military and defense projects need solutions that ensure the highest possible performance in challenging application environments such as shock, vibration and extreme temperatures.
Nicomatic has launched a new, rugged micro connector, the 1.27 mm pitch EMM series, which targets defense and other high-reliability applications.
Designed to meet the performance requirements of MIL 83513, EMM series connectors occupy 40% less space than the company’s previous-generation connectors. Additionally, they are 20% smaller than Micro D connectors for 16-pin configurations and are around 10 percent smaller in footprint than the closest industry competitor, the company claims.
Key features of EMM Series connectors at a glance:
- Innovative features such as reversed contacts, integrated 90° back protection and interchangeable hardware, make the new EMM connector series rugged with enhanced electrical and environmental performance.
- Signal contacts are rated for up to 3A, and deliver a wiping length of 1.27mm with 1.27µm gold plating to ensure that signal integrity is maintained while under conditions of heavy shock and vibration.
- Devices are rated for up to 45 G vibration, exceeding EIA 364-28E test conditions III&IV, up to 160 G for shock, exceeding EIA 364-27B G, and for an operational temperature range of -65 to +260°C exceeding EIA 364-32D.
- Suited for both board-to-board (due to its secure wiping length), and board-to-wire (from AWG 24 to 30) applications, EMM connectors are available with any pin selection from 04 to 60 signal contacts.
- A modular manufacturing technology used by the company ensures that all configurations are available on very quick turn-around. Cabled versions can be assembled at Nicomatic, or by the customer.
Click here for more information.