Ideal Power and P-Duke have unveiled a new 450W AC/DC PSU (power supply unit) in a compact profile of 5x3x1.58” (127.0×76.2×40.1mm), that suits the necessary safety and reliability requirements for medical use.
The 43MAH450US series has been designed for the medical industry in mind. Applications include diagnostic equipment, through to monitoring and home care equipment and even surgical apparatus.
The series features 12 to 53V DC with universal input and excellent efficiency ratings of between 91-94%, and an ultra-low standby power of 0.5W.
The units are available with natural convection, conduction cooling and fan options, and deliver up to 450 watts with forced air cooling.
Conforming with EN 60601-1-2 4th Edition, the AC/DC series features 2 x MOPP, 4000V AC isolation, Class I shock protection, a competitive leakage current of just 100µa together with being approved for Type B and Type BF applications in residential, medical and industrial environments.
In addition, the unit is supplied with a built-in Class B EMI filter conforming to EN 55032, FCC Part 18/15, IEC 61000-3-2, 61000-4-2, 61000-4-4 and 61000-4-6 inclusive.
Safety standards IEC 60601-1, 600950-1, 62368-1, 60068-2-27 and 60068-2-6 have also been met as standard.
Other features and benefits of the new AC/DC PSU:
- An operating altitude of 5000 meters
- An impressive operating temperature of -40 to +65°C on selected models (+85°C with derating)
- Adjustable output voltage of + 8%
- Remote functions
- Overvoltage, overload and short circuit protection and a 5 year guarantee.
- A notable MTBF of over 409,300 hours (MIL-HDBK-217F) which the company says is possible with the use of superior components, such as Ruby-con, Chemi-con and Nichi-con long life, high-temperature capacitors together with durable and carefully selected ceramic capacitors.
- Diagnostic equipment
- Monitoring and home care equipment
- Surgical apparatus.
The unit can be supplied as an open frame or enclosed topology with fan supply outputs and optional variable fan speed control or with the option of having a top or side mounted fixed fan (enclosed type only) and Molex terminal connectors.
For more information on the 43MAH450US series, click here.