Many military and aerospace applications need high performance relays to operate in extremely rigorous environments of shock, vibration, temperature, altitude.
TE Connectivity has launched the new CII FC-335 series relay to offer a rugged means of power switching in a range of aerospace, defense and marine applications. The relay is designed to manage harsh inductive, motor and lamp loads.
Key benefits offered by the new relays:
- 35 Amp / 28 Vdc resistive rating: The new relays are built to handle higher capacity loads than most comparable mid-range relays on the market. Similar products on the market are rated at 25 Amps.
- Compact/Lightweight: 1.5 inch cube size and .5 lbs max (227 Grams max) weight
- Double make contacts: The relays are designed with double make contacts that share the load across two contact sets, which helps minimize wear and tear, prolong relay life and provide more stable performance.
- The main contacts are also suitable for use in 360-800 Hz variable frequency applications required by newer commercial and military aircraft.
- The relays are built in accordance with MIL-PRF-6106 to ensure they meet rigorous military standards for use in power distribution, fuel pumps, etc.
Applications of the relay include:
• Launch Systems
• Power Distribution
• Fuel Pumps
• Guidance and Navigation Systems
• Aircraft Galley/Cabin Equipment
• Weapon Systems
• Ground Support Equipment
These versatile relays are available in solder hook or terminal block configurations as well as 28 VDC and 115 VAC coils configurations.