The growing demand for smartphones and other consumer electronics is propelling the need for transient voltage suppressor (TVS) arrays for circuit protection from the effects of overvoltage conditions such as electrostatic discharge (ESD) and electrical fast transients (EFT). This is because semiconductors inside these electronics are very sensitive especially to ESD or Electrostatic Discharge and simply touching these devices can cause damage.
Looking at this growing demand, ProTek Devices is offering electronics design engineers with a new series of TVS arrays designed to deliver circuit protection in smartphone applications. The ultra-low capacitance for the new components, the GBLCxxCIDFN series, is 0.6pF typical. The series is also ideal for circuit protection in other portable electronics, as well as Ethernet, USB interface and wireless systems.
The new components offer these key features & benefits:
- ESD protection is > 25kV
- Low clamping voltage.
- Compatible with IEC requirements for 61000-4-2 (ESD): air – 15kV, contact – 8kV. For this requirement, it exceeds level 4: handles 10kV contact and 25kV air discharge.
- Compatible with IEC 61000-4-4 (EFT): 40A – 5/50ns.
- Bidirectional configuration.
- Rated at 250 watts peak pulse power per line for an 8/20 microsecond waveshape.
- The series is available in multiple voltages. It protects one power or I/O port.
- The new components are ideal to use as replacements for MLV (0805) devices.
- 250 Watts Peak Pulse Power per Line (tp = 8/20µs)
- Protects One Power or I/O Port
- Available in Multiple Voltages
- Ultra Low Capacitance: 0.6pF (Typical)
- RoHS & REACH Compliant
- Operating and storage temperatures range from -55 to 150 degrees Celsius.
Mechanical & Packaging characteristics include:-
• Molded JEDEC DFN-2 Package
• Approximate Weight: 0.8 milligrams
• Lead-Free Pure-Tin Plating (Annealed)
• Solder Reflow Temperature:
Pure-Tin – Sn, 100: 260-270°C
• 8mm Tape and Reel Per EIA Standard 481
• Flammability Rating UL 94V-0
The series is delivered in minimum quantities of 5,000. For more details, view the Press release.