ST brought its latest innovative solutions for making Driving, Cities, and Things Smarter at IoT Asia, Singapore Expo, March 21-22, 2018.
Solutions showcased by the firm are summarised below:-
Smart Driving Solutions:
Solutions for mass V2X (Vehicle-to-Everything) communication deployment, Connected-Driving use cases, intrusion detection and prevention, infotainment, and the latest evolution of automotive satellite-positioning solutions.
Smart City Solutions:
- The company demoed wireless charging solutions, an HB LED driver based on the LED2472G and an STM32 MCU (microcontroller), USB Type-C Power Delivery based on the STUSB4710 controller and the ST1S10 step-down switching regulator.
- For secure and contactless solutions, ST showcased its NFC tag with tamper detection for product identification and anti-cloning, an NFC sensor node to monitor environmental and motion variations, a mobile POS machine using the high-performance ST25R3911B NFC/RFID reader for contactless payment, and a battery-less application enabled by the ST25DV NFC tag and STM32L4 MCU.
- For connectivity applications, the company demoed STM32 solutions for NB-IoT and 3G/2G cellular connectivity, LoRa solutions with STM32, and a long-distance communication LPWAN technology required for machine-to-machine (M2M) and IoT applications.
Smart Things Solutions: Today, consumers already have many Smart Things in their homes that are intelligent and connected to the Internet, including smartphones, tablets, and wearable devices.
- ST highlighted STM32L4+ MCU for wearable graphics applications, voice recognition using Alexa Voice Service with STM32, and an advanced voice-processing and -transfer platform (BlueCoin) using ST’s MEMS microphones and BLE.
- STM32 Open Development Environment that supports fast prototyping with plug-and-play hardware and software blocks, tools, and advanced prototyping solutions