New DC/DC module from Flex Power Modules claims to deliver highest power (200W) and highest efficiency (up to 95%) in the industry for a one-sixteenth-brick footprint module. The PKU4213D can be used to replace one-eighth-brick devices to save more than 40% in board space on a range of end-user boards, including distributed and intermediate bus applications in ICT, telecom, and industrial markets.
Applications of the module include distributed power and intermediate bus voltage architectures within the Information and Communication Technology (ICT), telecom and industrial sectors. It also targets deployment in high-power and high-performance use in applications that are powered by multi-cell batteries or rectifiers and meets all the requirements for use in products such as networking and telecommunications equipment, servers and data storage applications, as well as industrial equipment.
The module sports a wide 36V to 75V DC input range, delivers a tightly regulated 12V output, and handles up to 204W in power. Other modules available in the PKU4300D family include a 135W version that has a 5V output at 27A, and a 100W version that offers a 3.3V output at 30.3A.
Key features and benefits of the product include:-
- The module can deliver significant reductions in energy and cooling costs for end users due to its exceptionally high efficiency – up to 95% with a 48V input, typically deployed in the telecommunications and data communications sectors.
- High-end performance in challenging thermal environments means higher useable power in applications that are designed to operate in high ambient temperature and limited airflow environments, thereby providing higher product reliability.
- Coming in the industry-standard DOSA-compatible five-pin one-sixteenth-brick package with dimensions of 33.02 x 22.86 x 11.30mm, the module can either be through-hole or surface mounted, thereby providing maximum flexibility at the board assembly stage.
- The module is also available as an open frame unit, where it delivers 180W at the 12V output, or with a baseplate, delivering its full output power capability of 204W.
- An input-to-output (I/O) isolation voltage of 2250V DC also enables it to be used in a wide range of applications, including Power over Ethernet (PoE).
- Advanced protection features including output-over-voltage, over-temperature, and over-current.
The PKU4213D is available in production now in OEM quantities.
More information: http://www.digitalpowerdesigner.com/