Available in automotive and commercial/industrial versions, Vishay’s new 200V FRED Pt ultrafast rectifiers are offered in a thermally efficient FlatPAK 5×6 package featuring a low < 1 mm profile. Typical applications for the AEC-Q101 qualified VS-6DKH02HM3 and VS-8DKH02HM3 include DC/DC converters in automotive engine control units (ECU), anti-lock braking systems (ABS), and HID and LED lighting, while the commercial/industrial VS-6DKH02-M3 and VS-8DKH02-M3 are optimized for telecom power supplies.
The devices are said to increase power density, performance efficiency, and device reliability in automotive and telecom applications.
Key product features and benefits include:-
- 200 V reverse voltage
- FlatPAK 5×6 package with low profile of < 1 mm
- 2000 hours of high-temperature reverse bias (HTRB) testing guarantees long term reliability
- Low profiles are combined with high forward current ratings of 6 A (2 x 3 A) for the VS-6DKH02-M3 and VS-6DKH02HM3 and 8 A (2 x 4 A) for the VS-8DKH02-M3 and VS-8DKH02HM3.
- Configured as dual-die rectifiers with separate cathode connections, the devices allow designers to simplify PCB layouts by utilizing one package instead of two smaller ones.
- FlatPAK package features the standard footprint of 5×6 QFN (quad flat no lead) packages widely used already by other technologies, such as MOSFETs, and allows for different circuit topologies.
- Ultrafast recovery times down to 25 ns, low reverse recovery charge, and soft recovery features over the entire working temperature range of -55 °C to +175 °C.
- Low forward voltage drop down to 0.7 V reduces power losses and improves efficiency.
- MSL (moisture sensitivity level) of 1, per J-STD-020, LF maximum peak of +260 °C.
- RoHS-compliant and halogen-free, the devices are ideal for automated placement and allow for automated optical inspection (AOI) in automotive systems.
Samples and production quantities of the VS-6DKH02-M3, VS-6DKH02HM3, VS-8DKH02-M3, and VS-8DKH02HM3 are available now, with lead times of 12 to 14 weeks for large orders.
Pricing for U.S. delivery only starts at $0.20 per piece