Hawk Measurement unleashes the OptioLaser S300 liquid laser which can be used for an accurate measurement of even highly reflective, clear liquids- regardless of the dielectric properties. It easily measures difficult liquids such as slurries, oils, agitated liquids, even clear water.
This laser can accurately and reliably measure highly reflective liquids, clear liquids and even turbulence liquids.
Due to its narrow beam divergence, the laser is suitable to measure through grates and narrow passages, and even next to flat walls, the company asserts.
Coming to the functioning, the laser uses an infrared, low-gain GaAs laser diode, light energy of 905 nm. that travels to the surface of any liquid and is reflected back. This time-off-light (the time the laser pulse took to travel to the liquid and back) is then calculated into a distance.
Key benefits of the laser can be summarised as:–
- Easily measures difficult liquids such as slurries, oils, agitated liquids, even clear water
- Operates without the need of any calibration
- Unaffected by background noise and vapor pressure
- Handles low dielectric substances and acoustically absorbing materials
- Suitable for applications with obstacles, near walls, even measuring through narrow passages
More details: http://www.hawkmeasure.com/productdetail.asp?id=78