To accelerate development of IoT applications, Renesas has made available its integrated and qualified ‘Synergy Platform’ in South East Asia, Australia, New Zealand and India.
Renesas Synergy includes an optimised combination of hardware and software to encourage innovative IoT development.
“In the rapidly evolving IoT industry, those who cannot get to market first with products that have differentiated value are at an immediate disadvantage,” said Ronnie Ho, Director of General Purpose Marketing, Renesas Electronics Singapore. “By enabling developers to start at the software API level and enjoy a connected real-time system without the need to build and maintain baseline functionality, the Synergy Platform empowers our customers to drive innovation and differentiation in their own end-products to succeed in a very competitive market.”
Key elements of Renesas Synergy Platform include:
- Synergy Software: Synergy Platform offers the Synergy Software Package (SSP), which is qualified, supported, warranted, and maintained by Renesas. The SSP consists of a real-time operating system (RTOS), extensive middleware, communications stacks, and more – all accessible through a robust Application Programming Interface (API) to free customers from struggling with lower-level details.
- Synergy Microcontrollers: Four Synergy MCU series are based on ARM Cortex-M CPU cores and deliver a wide spectrum of performance, safety, security, cryptography, connectivity, and graphics capabilities for use in products ranging from low-power portable devices to large, calculation intensive applications. These include Synergy MCU Groups S7G2, S3A7, and S124.
- Synergy Tools and Kits: Developers can streamline embedded software development with tools including the e2 studio Integrated Solution Development Environment, IAR Embedded Workbench for Renesas Synergy, TraceX, and GUIX Studio. To enable rapid hardware development, Synergy Development Kits (DK) and low-cost Starter Kits (SK) including the DK-S7G2, DK-S3A7, DK-S124, and SK-S7G2 are available. More will be coming throughout 2016.
- Synergy Solutions: These solutions go beyond typical MCU development kits to offer actual products examples and to offer bundled technologies that provide a head start on customers’ designs.
- Synergy Gallery: It includes everything required for Synergy Software development – one-click licensing, software package downloads software development tools, and specialty add-on software.
In October 2016, Renesas also plans to launch the platform in Mainland China/Hong Kong region and Taiwan region.
To view the full Press release, click here.