The new Processor SDK (Software Development Kit) is a unified software platform for TI embedded processors providing easy setup and fast out-of-the-box access to benchmarks and demos. All releases of Processor SDK are consistent across TI’s broad portfolio of more than 150 processors, allowing developers to seamlessly reuse and migrate software across devices. Developing scalable platform solutions has never been easier than with the Processor SDK and TI’s embedded processor solutions.
The Processor SDK includes support for both Linux and TI-RTOS operating systems. According to the press release, the Processor SDK scales across TI’s latest Sitara processors and digital signal processor (DSP) families. The tool is available online and can be downloaded from TI portal.
The key features are as highlighted below:
- Long-Term Stable (LTS) Mainline Linux kernel support
- U-Boot bootloader support
- Linaro (it comprises of robust, commercial-grade tools which are optimised for Cortex-A processors) GNU compiler collection (GCC) tool chains
- Yocto Project (it is an open-source collaboration spearheaded by the Linux Foundation to simplify the framework for building embedded Linux software distributions) OE Core compatible file systems
- TI-RTOS kernel, a light-weight real-time embedded operating system for TI devices
- Chip support libraries, drivers, and basic board-support utilities
- Basic networking stack and protocols
- Bootloaders and boot utilities
- Linaro GNU compiler collection (GCC) tool chains