Rapid assessment of the smallest DLP Full-HD chipset used in applications such as digital signage, mobile projectors, screenless TVs, control panels, interactive displays and wearables such as head-mounted displays (HMD) will never be the same with the launch of new evaluation board from TI.
According to the release, “DLP LightCrafter Display 4710 EVM is an easy to use, plug and play evaluation platform for the Full HD DLP4710 chipset. The DLP4710 chipset is composed of DLP4710 (.47 1080p) Full HD DMD, DLPC3439 display controller and DLPA3005 PMIC/LED driver, production ready RGB LED optical engine, DLP4710, DLPC3439 Configuration and Support Firmware with one HDMI cable and one USB Cable (for communication with USB based GUI tool). The power supply is sold separately.” The release also mentions that the EVM comes equipped with a production ready optical engine and offers a compelling combination of resolution (Full HD), brightness, and programmability in a small form factor.
The evaluation board is available in connect with the concerned TI representative worldwide, as mentions the company press release.
The key benefits of DLP LightCrafter are as highlighted:
- Rapid assessment of the smallest DLP Full-HD chipset capable of generating bright, power-efficient full-HD displays from small-form-factor electronics
- A simple-to-use USB-based graphical user interface (GUI) allows for real-time chipset evaluation to assess features and peripherals
- Production ready optical engine to speed the product development cycle
- Mini HDMI interface for plug-and-play functionality with various computing devices
- Comes powered with IntelliBright suite of image processing algorithm to dynamically optimise system brightness or power