When designing high-wattage electrical equipment like EV offboard charging stations, UPS, inverters, and rectifiers, minimizing board space for circuit protection can be a real challenge. That’s why Littelfuse developed the 606 series high-current cartridge fuse for overcurrent protection in high-voltage power supply applications rated up to 23 kW.
The fuses are rated at 500VAC with current ratings from 40A to 63A and a 2,000A@500VAC interrupting rating.
With a 10mm x 32mm cartridge body, a single 606 fuse requires less board space than previous designs that used multiple lower current rated fuses in parallel. As a result, designers can reduce the amount of board space they reserve for protection components when designing high wattage equipment.
Apart from the compact footprint, the series offers following features and benefits:-
- A wide tempreture range from -55˚C to 125˚C ensures reliable operation in extreme temperatures.
- Its end-caps with integrated stand-off leads eliminate the cost of mounting accessories or lead-forming processes.
- It’s claimed as the smallest available 500VAC-rated cartridge fuse series with current ratings from 40A to 63A and a 2,000A@500VAC interrupting rating.
- Suitable for overcurrent protection in a single-phase power supply circuit rated up to 23kW.
- The 606 Series fuse is RoHS compliant and 100% Lead (Pb) free.
Typical applications of the fuses include:-
- Telecom Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPSs)
- Power conversion equipment such as inverters and rectifiers
- Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE)
- Off-board charging posts
- Motor protection in elevator systems.
The 606 Series High-current Cartridge Fuses are available in through-hole, 10mm x 32mm packages in trays in quantities of 500. Sample requests may be placed through authorized Littelfuse distributors worldwide.