Littelfuse and SiC diode & MOSFET firm Monolith Semiconductor have announced they will present several demonstrations including the new 1200 V SiC Schottky Diodes and the 1200 V SiC MOSFET Technology Platform, as well as plan other activities at the Applied Power Electronics Conference & Exposition (APEC 2017).
The activities are organised under the theme “Making SiC (Silicon Carbide) Mainstream” to emphasise the benefits of SiC device technology and leveraging them to enhance power conversion systems
These activities include in-booth demonstrations of new technology platforms for products nearing introduction, a professional education seminar, and lectures in sessions devoted to power device reliability and industrial power applications of silicon carbide semiconductors.
As part of APEC 2017, the firms will demonstrate the new GEN2 Series of 1200 V silicon carbide (SiC) Schottky diodes manufactured in an automotive-qualified 150mm CMOS foundry.
Presentations by Monolith Semiconductor experts at the APEC 2017 Conference will include:
• “Silicon Carbide MOSFETs – Deep Dive to Accelerate Your Next Power Converter Design,” Professional Education Seminar – Session S02, Room 15/16, March 26, 9:30 am to 1:00 pm.
• “Large Scale Test Bed for in-Circuit Reliability Testing of Silicon Carbide Diodes and MOSFETs Emulating Real Life Voltage and Current Stress,” Session T12 – Power Device Reliability, Room 21, March 29, 8:30 am to 10:10 am.
• “Rugged 1.2 kV SiC MOSFETs Fabricated in High-Volume 150mm CMOS Fab,” Industry Sessions Lecture, Session IS15 – Industrial Power Applications of Silicon Carbide Semiconductors, Room 13, March 30, 8:30 am to 11:30 am.
Applications experts will be available to walk booth visitors through the design process. Kiosks in the booth will offer visitors videos and models of several new technology platforms:
• Advanced power converters demonstrating the benefits of SiC-based platform designs, delivering module-like power, higher efficiency, increased power density and performance with discrete SiC devices.
• Evaluation kits and design platforms that can simplify the design and optimization of power converters using SiC diodes and MOSFETs.
“The theme for our booth at APEC 2017 says it all,” said Ian Highley, senior vice president and general manager, semiconductor products and CTO for Littelfuse. “We’re working together toward making silicon carbide a mainstream technology for power conversion, and APEC gives us an opportunity to reach potential customers to demonstrate the progress we’ve made over the last year in a meaningful way.”
“Between the kiosks and our experts in the booth, and the presentations we’ll be giving this year, people in the silicon carbide industry will be impressed by how far and how quickly we’ve come,” said Sujit Banerjee, PhD, CEO of Monolith Semiconductor. “The big difference, however, will be one of approach; we will provide not only highest quality SiC devices, but also the best service and support to design our devices into customer applications.”
For further details, view the full Press release.